Awards & Recognitions
Submitted by admin on Wed, 2015-08-26 04:10
The Palm Beacher and its affiliated publications were honored with nine awards for the 2017-2018 magazine season. We couldn't do it without our readers' support. Thank you!
Florida Magazine Association Charlie Awards
- Charlie award (first place) for Best In-Depth Reporting: "Heavy Traffic" by Kristen Desmond LeFevre
- Silver award for Best Writing: Public Service Coverage: "A Million Crises" by Ben Wolford
- Bronze award for Best Advertorial: Story or Section: "Women in Business" by Susan Dorta
- Bronze award for Best Writing: Feature Headlines
Society of Professional Journalists Sunshine State Awards
- First place for Inside Design: Craig Cottrell, "The Gray Area Between Protecting and Profiling," "New to the Neighborhood" and "Healthy Staycations"
- First place for Food and Travel Writing: "Chasing Darwin" by Eric Barton
- First place for Public Service Reporting: "Heavy Traffic" by Kristen Desmond LeFevre
- Second place for Investigative Reporting: "The Gray Area Between Racial Profiling And Policing" by Eric Barton
- Third place for Investigative Reporting: "Heavy Traffic" by Kristen Desmond LeFevre
- Second place for Feature Story: "The Mystery of the Wild Monkeys of Dania" by Eric Barton