Meet Kendall And Libby Glazer, The Sisters Behind Stoney Clover Lane
Photo By Liza Boone
Coveted by globetrotters, millennials and OCD organizers, Stoney Clover Lane’s playful patches and mélange of handbags in cool textures and cheery shades provide endless opportunity for sartorial self-expression.
In 2009, Palm Beachers Kendall and Libby Glazer were 17 and 15, respectively, when they hatched the lifestyle brand that now counts celebs like Jessica Alba and Miley Cyrus as clients. Original offerings included bespoke, beaded charm bracelets the sisters hand-strung in their bedrooms for family, friends and classmates. When songbirds like Carrie Underwood, Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber (yes, Justin Bieber) were photographed wearing their calorie-free wrist candy, they knew they had a hit on their hands. While pursuing degrees at Tulane University, Kendall and Libby swapped taking summer internships for opening accessory pop-ups around Los Angeles and New York City instead. Paying homage to their love of wanderlust and personalization, the duo debuted a collection of cheeky patches (think varsity letters, unicorns and retro-inspired travel stickers) in 2015, followed by a line of travel bags, pouches and accessories in citrusy and tropical hues.
Taking a cue from their island upbringing, they opened their first brick-and-mortar store in November 2018 at The Royal Poinciana Plaza, then an outpost on Main Street in East Hampton six months later. Imbued with a relaxed, beachy vibe, both boutiques house signature wares as well as brands and products the Glazers love, like Lele Sadoughi headbands, Patchology masks and Petite ‘n Pretty kids makeup.
Comfortably ensconced in their NoMad neighborhood office, the congenial twenty-something CEOs remain intimately involved in every facet of their business. While most responsibilities are shared, each shines in her own way. “Libby really enjoys discovering and curating third-party product for the stores, and I love chatting with customers directly in real-time,” Kendall says.
Today, when they’re not reviewing store designs or dreaming up limited-edition collaborations with companies like Disney, the sisters relish visiting their parents in Palm Beach and New Orleans, supporting charities close to their hearts and spending time with their dogs, Tiger and Eloise.
— Kerry Shorr
1. WORK DUDS Anything by LoveShackFancy, Chanel sandals and plenty of colorful shell bracelets
2. SIGNATURE ACCESSORY The SCL duffle. We’re always on the go, and it makes travel so easy and organized.
3. GASTRO GO-TOS Pizza Al Fresco has the best atmosphere and Nutella pizza. For something more casual, you can find us at Flanigan’s in West Palm Beach.
4. HAPPY MEALS Veal Milanese at Sant Ambroeus and our grandma’s famous pumpkin cake
5. DRINK DU JOUR A glass of rosé or a fountain Diet Coke
6. SNACK ON A smoothie from Celis Produce (Libby) and a black and white cookie from TooJay’s Deli (Kendall)
7. PRETTY PIPES Taylor Swift
8. SHORE PATROL Our favorite boat from the Hamptons is now in Palm Beach during season. We love to go out for a sail on The Heron with friends and family.
9. STRESS RELIEVER A massage at The Breakers Palm Beach
10. PERFECT GETAWAY Anytime all of our cousins are in town or when our friends want to escape the New York cold and come with us to Palm Beach.
11. IN THEIR HANDBAGS A Mophie, cell phone and about 10 lip glosses
12. LOVE TO SHOP AT PB Girls Club and Rapunzel’s Closet
13. BEST THING ABOUT PALM BEACH Its proximity to everything. You can shop, go to the beach, spa, bike and swim in just a few hours.
14. PALM BEACH PICK Spending the day at The Breakers Palm Beach. It’s our home away from home.
15. PERSONAL PASSION Watching sports
16. FAVORITE ESCAPES The Beverly Hills Hotel, Hôtel Ritz Paris and Walt Disney World
17. NEXT TRAVEL DESTINATION Amangiri
18. SOMETHING SECRET Not only are we sisters who work together, we’re best friends.
19. WORDS TO LIVE BY “Faith is believing in something when common sense tells you not to.” - Miracle on 34th Street
20. WHEN THEY’RE NOT IN THE OFFICE We might be eating outside at Mr. Chow if it’s a nice day in New York City.
21. ADVICE FOR NEWBIE ENTREPRENEURS Do it because you love it. This way, you’ll always feel like you’re living your dream.