Royal Palm Way Listed Among Top 10 Most Expensive Streets In America
Royal Palm Way was just named one of the most expensive streets in America.
As realtors always say, "location, location, location." And if location is indeed what matters most, it was only natural that Palm Beach make the list.
Royal Palm Way, or “Banker’s Row,” came in as the ninth most expensive street in the ranking compiled by professional services and investment management firm Jones, Lang, LaSalle, IP, Inc.
The company looked at the streets on which rent costs the most on a per square foot basis.
The rent on the Palm Beach County street—which gets its nickname from the high concentration of wealth management and financial services on it—was reported to be $58.07 per square foot. (And that's actually a decrease from its 2013 price of $58.52 per square foot.)
For comparison, the average rent on the most expensive street on the list, Sand Hill Road in California, is $141.60 per square foot.
The top 10 most expensive streets on the list include:
1. Sand Hill Road, San Francisco Peninsula
2. Hamilton Avenue, Silicon Valley
3. Fifth Avenue, New York
4. Greenwich Avenue, Fairfield County
5. Mission Street, San Francisco
6. Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington, D.C.
7. Boylston Street, Boston
8. Avenue of the Stars, Los Angeles
9. Royal Palm Way, Palm Beach
10. Newport Center Drive, Orange County
(Image via Flickr/Art4TheGlryOfGod)