Palm Beach Wine Auction 2016
The ninth annual Palm Beach Wine Auction is set to take place Thursday, Jan. 21, at 6 p.m, at The Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach.
The event—which since its inception has raised $2.4 million for the education programs at the Raymond F. Kravis Center—will feature a cocktail reception and five-course dinner curated by award-winning local chefs and sommeliers. Tickets are $1,000 by invitation.
- Chef de cuisine Zach Bell, executive chef of Addison Reserve Country Club, Delray Beach
- Bogdan Boerean, banquet chef of The Mar-a-Lago Club, Palm Beach, will be helming the cocktail reception hors d’oeuvres
- Rick Mace, executive chef at Café Boulud, will be crafting a charcuterie for the reception
- Executive chef Joe Ferro of Table 26 Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, will create the first course
- Executive chef Josh Thomsen and chef de cuisine Manlee Siu, of Angle at Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa, Manalapan, will curate the second course
- Producing the third course entrée will be Mar-a-Lago’s chef Boerean along with returning owner/chef Joe Mercuri and sous chef Athiraj Phrasavath of Mercuri, Montreal
- Michael Troise, retired auction director for NY Wines/Christie's Fine and Rare Wine Department and the evening’s auction director, will select the evening’s cheese course
- Graham Randall, pastry chef of The Mar-a-Lago Club, will present dessert
- Brian Chamis, sommelier of Café Chardonnay in Palm Beach Gardens, returns to the helm for the event’s wine service
For more information, contact 561.651.4320, or visit palmbeachwineauction.org.
Members of the 2016 Palm Beach Wine Auction culinary team (from left) chef Josh Thomsen of Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa; auction sommelier Brian Chamis of Café Chardonnay; chef Rick Mace of Café Boulud; chef Manlee Siu of Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa; chef Joe Ferro of Table 26. (Photo credit: CAPEHART)